Activities and benefits of membership
The Illinois Mycological Association welcomes you.
Lecture Series and Events: The monthly programs are open to members and to the public. We also have an annual foray with BBQ lunch followed by the annual mushroom show. Other events include member banquets, tours, and mycology workshops. Please join us!
Monthly Newsletter: Club members receive a great digital monthly newsletter with information on programs and forays, articles, recipes, research, art and related news.
Forays: Forays are open to members. They are not public because many of the IMA forays operate under scientific collector’s permits to pick wild mushrooms for research and education only. This permit extends to members only during the time of the foray. We welcome anyone who is interested to become a member and join us on a foray!
Membership Discounts: See details below for discounted memberships for the Chicago Botanic Garden and the North American Mycological Association.
At the IMA, it is our goal to provide entertaining and informative programming and bring in speakers who will educate us on many topics related to fungi. If you enjoy hearing from the foremost experts on mycology, and are able, please consider joining as a supporting member at the level of $150 per year. All funds directly support our programs and help us bring in high quality presenters.
- Individual or Student – $20
- Basic membership level for one person.
- Family Level – $25
- Basic membership level for you and your family.
- Part Year – $10
- Basic membership level for September to December.
- Premiere Individual or Family Membership – $150
- You’ll receive a club t-shirt and the opportunity to join a pre-meeting dinner with a monthly speaker of your choice. The club’s Board of Directors hosts the dinner, and will be happy to invite you to join the gathering. Please note that the Board arranges the dinner and covers the presenter’s dinner. Members and guests cover the cost of their own dinners.
- Corporate Membership – $150
- You’ll receive two business card sized ads in our email newsletter during your membership year to let our members know about your business or organization. These ad placements may be given as gifts to your friends.
Credit or Bank Payment
Check or Cash Payment
You may mail your information with a check, payable to Illinois Mycological Association, to the IMA membership person:IMA c/o Susan Kayser
1020 Willow Creek Road
West Chicago, IL, 60185
You can join when you attend a meeting with cash or check and fill out a membership form. The most important thing is that we have your current e-mail or mailing address.
New members will get a welcome message via e-mail. Members will receive the next e-mail newsletter near the end of the month. Newsletters describe events, forays, and news. If you are a new member and wish to get the previous newsletter please contact Susan Kayser at email@example.com
For a Gift Membership please be sure you give us the person’s name, e-mail, and address. For online payments you can send Susan a follow-up e-mail with that information.